The quality of life benefits gained from owning a stainless steel BBQ grill are undeniable. Home and business owners enjoy delicious and healthy menu options they would otherwise not have access to in the fresh air. Patio grills are like magnets that draw friends and family members together in a joyful experience. Those are reasons why the data from a 2020 survey conducted by the Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association produced the following statistics about outdoor barbecue ownership in North America.
- Nearly two-thirds of adults in the U.S. own patio grills or smokers.
- Upwards of 72 percent of adults in Canada own a patio barbecue or smoker.
- Approximately 68 percent of American grill owners use them on the Fourth of July.
- Other popular grilling holidays include Memorial Day (56 percent) and Labor Day (56 percent).
- Patio grills are used at a rate of 75 percent during the winter.
- Portable propane grill models comprise 61 percent of fuel choices.
- Approximately 68 percent of people surveyed say they prefer an outdoor barbecue because of the flavor.
- Approximately 45 percent say it’s a quality of life choice, and one-third point to convenience.
Those are powerful statistics that support the Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association’s conclusions that 37 percent of current gas grill owners plan to purchase a new model and, potentially, upgrade in the near future. The survey also indicates that consumers have benefited from robust patio grill manufacturing that delivers innovative options. The PGS line of portable and built-in gas grills has emerged as an industry leader in North America. If you are ready to upgrade your outdoor barbecue, these are things to consider and reasons why the PGS Grills could be your best option.
What Type of Fuel Source Makes Sense for Your Grill?
One of the critical decisions that grill owners must consider is fuel choice. It almost goes without saying that charcoal is a non-starter because it produces inconsistent heat, too many flame-ups, and can create a sometimes unsavory flavor. This leaves either liquid propane or natural gas. PGS Grills allow home and business owners to leverage either conveniently.
As the survey noted, 61 percent of outdoor barbecue owners use liquid propane to fuel their grills. This is largely because a portable propane grill typically houses a fuel tank in its base. These can be easily swapped out and replaced or refilled at local supermarkets, hardware stores, gas stations, and other businesses.
The PGS A-Series has popular portable propane grill options, and the T-Series has portable propane grills for commercial settings, like apartments and condos. These models can generate as much as 40,000 BTUs and provide upwards of 434 square inches of direct grilling surface. The sturdy construction and creative accessories position them as industry-leading patio grills.
In terms of using natural gas to power patio grills, home and business owners require a direct fuel line, and these units must be fixed in place. Top-flight built-in gas grills, such as the PGS Legacy line, offer tremendous accessory opportunities and are typically the centerpiece of a thriving outdoor kitchen.
That's primarily why apartment complexes, condominium associations, and residential communities continue to enhance common areas by installing outdoor barbecue grills. According to the Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association survey, 10 percent of residential grill owners have upgraded to built-in gas grills for this purpose and prepare at least one outdoor meal weekly.
Although there may be different rationales for leveraging liquid propane or natural gas, the baseline facts remain the same. Patio barbecues produce great tasting and healthy foods that cannot be replicated indoors. Grilling ranks among the most intimate and relationship-building activities people can do with food. The smell of burgers, choice cuts of beef, veggies, and other culinary delights will always attract people in your orbit.
Top Mounting Options For Gas Grills
If you are among the 37 percent of grill owners planning an upgrade, it’s essential to understand your options have never been better. If you would like to tap into a natural gas line and due away from swapping out tanks, several mounting options are available. There are also sound reasons to stick with portable propane tanks as well.
- Fixed Pedestals: These models enjoy slims bases that help reduce the space used by the grill. When used with natural gas, they must be secured in place.
- Outdoor Countertops: When creating an expansive outdoor kitchen, PGS Grills can be installed into most all-season countertops. A natural gas line can fuel them, allowing home and business owners to also take advantage of storage drawers, side burners, and other accessories. There is usually a space beneath the countertop for a propane tank if you go with a propane grill.
- Grill Islands: Built-in gas grills such as the PGS Legacy line can be installed directly into a custom center island, complete with side shelves, drawers, and storage space. This option is semi-permanent. Grill owners enjoy the flexibility to choose a propane or a natural gas grill.
- Cart Mounts: Grill cart can include wheels that allow propane patio grills to be conveniently maneuvered to meet the changing needs of gatherings and space. These portable propane grill setups give homeowners the agility to place the grill poolside, on the lawn for birthday parties, or roll it to a different place on your deck or patio as needed. Cart mounts remain the most widely used option for propane grills but can work with stationary natural gas grills.
Top Accessories To Consider When Buying A New Outdoor Barbecue Grill
The Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association noted that grill ownership in North America has remained steady between 60-70 percent of homeowners. But there have been watershed changes in the industry, which is one of the driving reasons that people upgrade to PGS Grills. These rank among the most popular “creative” offerings alluded to in the survey.
- Side Burners: The PGS line has advanced the idea by developing a stainless steel double-burner that generates 25,000 BTUs.
- Beverage Center: The outfit’s stainless steel beverage center has been a top convenience for homeowners who are tired of wrestling with leaky coolers.
- Infrared Rotisserie Burner: By harnessing next-generation technology, PGS offers grill owners the option of upgrading with an infrared rotisserie. This accessory has been a game-changer for backyard grilling aficionados. It expands outdoor menus to include whole chickens, pineapples, thick cuts of beef and pork, as well as perfects veggie kabobs.
Among the other popular accessories, PGS Grill offers matchless ignition for improved safety, automatic gas-flow shutoff timers, expansive warming racks, and many others. These industry-leading grills are constructed with high-quality stainless steel and cast aluminum that allow the organization to offer extensive warranties. Unlike middle-of-the-road units, PGS offers a selection of outdoor grill parts when wear and tear require replacement. The availability of quality outdoor grill parts and the wide-reaching accessories are also why a PGS Grill may be the last one you purchase.