- 1 (2 pounds) beef tri-tip roast
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- Season the tri-tip generously and evenly with the sea salt, black pepper, and garlic.
- Skewer the tri-tip on the rotisserie spit, and let rest at room temperature until ready to grill (about a half hour).
- Mount the rotisserie spit on the grill. Make sure the balance of the meat is centered to ensure proper rotation of the meat.
- Place the drip pan right below the tri-tip to catch the juices and keep your grill clean.
- Start the rotisserie motor and burner. Cook with the lid closed. Start on high heat until you have a nice seared crust and then turn it down to medium. The tri-tip will need to cook for approximately 20 to 25 minutes total for medium-rare.
Check the temperature in the thickest part of the tri-tip; the internal temperature should be 135F for medium rare.
Allow tri-tip to rest for 5 minutes before carving. Carve meat against the grain. Enjoy!